Memorial Day Wekend 2014!

I know this post is a bit late, compared to all my preppy blogger counterparts posting the day after, but I was busy because I have some family from California coming over this week. My Memorial Day Weekend was one of the best in my memory, I have to say. Saturday was mostly a prep-day (prep for preparation, that is, not to be confused with our main type of prep); I finished few put-off and lingering errands from the week, and gathered all my supplies needed for a great Memorial Day Weekend! (including watermelon, what would be Memorial Day without watermelon?) Then Sunday, we, being my family, dog, and I, went to the Devon Horse Show & Country Fair, the "mane event" you might say (haha). We were there pretty much the whole day, as there is so much to see! Tons of prep everywhere you look. Plaid, pink, green, brand logos flashed about like gang signs everywhere you went. Lilly Pulitzer, Ralph Lauren, Vineyard Vines, Brooks Brothers, Sperry (oh, so much Sperry!), Kate Spade, Tory Burch, you name it! I tried snapping some pictures of the pieces I liked best without seeming too creepy, but that proved harder than you would think. Anyway, here's my Memorial Day Weekend in photos: 

First off, as we were walking to the show, there was a string of horse-drawn carriages, complete with passengers in their appropriate period-dress.

necklace detail against this great Lilly print. 

Devon Horse Show & Country Fair, since 1896. 

 Most of the booths at the Devon Horse Show are preppy small businesses, like this super cute tote from Crabberrie
Also love this cross-body bag from Sloane Ranger

Doesn't this look like the perfect summer closet? 
We always appreciate a little Lilly. 

 An important message. 


I thought this was very clever and creative, and a great idea for all of my ribbons sitting around. 

 The BEST freshly made ice cream I have ever had. 
via @PlaidIsMyFavouriteColour Instagram  Note the Sperry's. 

Oakley has very good taste in flats. (he especially loves his Tory's) 

These boots are so sleek and beautiful, maybe just worth the $750. 

I'll have to keep my eyes open while thrifting for these ones...

This print is very classic-looking and traditional. 

Another great summer closet...

...And this would be your perfect fall closet. Quilted jacket ✓, Elbow patches ✓, but where is the plaid? 
Here it is! In the spotlight, of course!

 Just slap a horse bit on anything and it instantly becomes preppy. 

Horse bits = insta-preppy. 

Classy plates. 
I loved this pillow print and the whip-mugs. The mugs are big, so they are perfect for warm hot coco in the winter. 


These are the classiest disposable napkins in the world; we did end up buying them. 

We got these soaps too, as an equestrian, I love how the font used for the words on each soap represents each gait; walk is slow and even, trot is bouncy and curly, and the canter is smooth. 
Pearls and horseshoes - perfect prep. via @PlaidIsMyFavouriteColour Instagram 


One of my favorite stands had to be Dubarry of Ireland, with the guy casually just standing in a box of water, in his beautiful boots...


Stalker Photo #1- Lilly skirt!

Stalker Photo #2- Very nice and classy hats, but they got in the way a bit when taking pictures. 

Oakley, Tory, Sperry's, and Lilly. What could be better? 

The booths were a ton of fun, but it was thrill to watch the show jumping. 

There were friendly dogs everywhere, so Oakley made lots of friends. via @PlaidIsMyFavouriteColour Instagram 

After a fun, yet tiring, Saturday, I spent my Sunday relaxing and enjoying the fact that I don't have to wake up early on Monday. 

 Watermelon is key for a great Memorial Day. 
Colorful plates also help. 


Even Oakley was chilling. 

Oakley getting a bit too comfortable in my Sperry's. via @PlaidIsMyFavouriteColour Instagram 

 Homemade pizza with fresh basil from my windowsill garden. Yum. via @PlaidIsMyFavouriteColour Instagram 



Our hanging baskets are thriving with all the sun and they set a lovely backdrop for Memorial Day Weekend, and for the rest of the summer. via @PlaidIsMyFavouriteColour Instagram 

 How did you spend your long weekend? 






2 comments:

  1. Love the photos. The show sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEO IS VERY IMPORTANT THING FOR ALL BLOG AND WEBSIT IWAS HAVING 100 VISITOR AFTER WORKING 6 MONTHS ON http://www.guruofmovie.com BUT FROM LAST 4 MONTHS I AM DOING WORK ON SEO AND NOW I HAVE 1500 VISITOR PER DAY

    ReplyDelete