Music In May

It's just that time of year where the hard part is over (mostly), and a relaxing summer is approaching fast on the horizon. However, we do still have work and other stressful things to get done before the summer. I find that music is the only thing that pulls me through these last few weeks. Perfect for light assignments, if you're finishing school up, or jogging around town, if you need to work off the winter "baby" fat and get in shape for summer. Here are some of favorites:      



Indie- Riptide, by Vance Joy. I love the sound of this, how you can hear his voice clearly, unlike many of today's popular songs.

Rap- Kill A Hipster by Watsky. This is very light rap, I don't like anything too heavy or gangster for spring or summer. It's basically a poem read out loud with a beat to it. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Kendrick Lamar, and Eminem are also very poetic rappers.

Country- Ok, well I don't really like country music too much, but if you need something ironic for a 4th of July barbecue Made In America, by Toby Keith is classic country (or if you're feeling especially patriotic, you can try my personal favorite, Hugh Laurie's Song for America).

Cultural- I know that Le Festin, by Camille from Disney Pixar's Ratatouille doesn't exactly count as cultural, but I didn't know what other group to put it in. It's really calming and nice for light work or something artistic.

70s- Dream On, by Aerosmith. This is fabulous for a light morning jog. Run faster at the end when his voice gets high(er).

Reggae- Buffalo Soldier, by Bob Marley. This is so happy and upbeat, I love this when I am just relaxing, doing nothing in particular. 

1 comment: