Looking Forward: Downton Abbey Season 5

PBS recently released a new Downton Abbey teaser; it's only 20 seconds long and it doesn't give us much, (in fact, it only gives us Carson's deep voice saying, "I feel a shaking of the ground I stand on. The nature of life is not permanence, but flux. Things are changing") but it's the first smidgen of information about season 5 we've gotten our hands on, aside from all the whisperings and rumors floating around the web. I am a huge Downton Abbey fan, my mom first introduced it to me, like many things, and I loved it. None of my other friends at the time had even heard of it, I think I was in 5th grade. Then for the 6th grade yearbook I put it as my favorite show, and they thought I made a mistake in the spelling, and they printed it as, Downtown Abbey. I hate the fact that it airs in England months before it airs in the US. I have to control myself during those long months, not to look up any spoilers, so I can fully enjoy it when our time comes in January. But it is worth all of the waiting. I think Julian Fellowes writes it perfectly; every characters' lives intertwine and react with each other, great lines and speeches, but also a good amount of glances that speak louder than words, and just the right quantity of smart remarks from Maggie Smith (So put that in your pipe and smoke it). 

What do you think is going to happen in Season 5? Will Mary choose Gillingham or Blake? Did Mr. Bates really kill Green? And what will become of the golden, four-legged star of the show, Isis? 
Let me know what you think in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Edith may get her baby back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this show; I will probably start though! :)

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete