Being Stylish Vs. Trendy or Fashionable

This is quite a serious topic I need to address. I hate it when people consider themselves both stylish and trendy. You simply cannot be both. As Ralph Lauren puts it, "Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever." Or as Yves Saint Laurent stated, "Fashions fade, style is eternal." Karl Lagerfeld on trends: "Trendy is the last stage before tacky." "Fashion can be bought. Style one must posses." - Edna Woolman Chase. It's quite clear; stay away from the newest, 'it' trend, and stick with your timeless style. You could have the same wardrobe for years and still be chic and stylish. Style is not pricey; it's priceless. What annoys me is that many of my peers will believe they are stylish and trendy, and they use the words interchangeably. They don't think of me as stylish, but considering they don't actually know what that means, it doesn't bother me very much. My only hope for them would be that one day they will realize that oxfords are not just boy's shoes and know the value of a perfect little black dress.







1 comment:

  1. In today time we have to maintain fashion for Indian celeb fashion join me on http://guruofmovie.com

    ReplyDelete