DIY Lilly Pulitzer Notebook

During these precious few days before school starts, I've decided to get crafty and creative. It could get expensive buying already decorated school supplies, and they wouldn't have the same personal flair as making your own.


Supplies:
  • Lilly Pulitzer paper shopping bag or any printed out print of your choice (I used Lilly Pulitzer, but you could really do this with any paper or print)
  • Clear Tape
  • Notebook to cover (composition or spiral)
  • Paper in a contrasting color or print
Method One:
Find enough print to fit the front cover of your notebook.
Trace the edges of your notebook with a pencil, leaving about an inch or two extra on all the sides, and cut along the lines.
Tape over for a smooth edge along the sides of your notebook. 
So far, just the front is covered.
If your print couldn't fit both sides of your notebook, cut more out, but tape the contrasting color over the edges.
Add more of the contrasting color as a label on the front cover.
I used a Lilly paper shopping bag, so I made a bow out of the ribbon handles, and put more of the printed paper on the ends so it wouldn't fray and unravel.

Method Two:


Cut out parts of your print, in my case I cut out flowers, and tape them to your notebook cover. This may sound easier, but a lot of Lilly prints are detailed and have edges that are hard to cut, so cut out large details - big flowers. Then, I cut a label out of a contrasting color, and weaved the other ribbon handle around the outside.
Don't forget the back!
You can also do this to already printed folders and notebooks.
There's only so much that can help you do better during the school year, fun school supplies is one of those things, but in the end, it's really down to you to do well.

4 comments:

  1. this is such a cute DIY! thanks for sharing!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling!! I love it! :)


    http://life15juicy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea!
    ~Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! I always loved decorating my school supplies, in fact, I still do :-)

    ReplyDelete