Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2015 @ Milan Fashion Week

I always look forward to Dolce & Gabbana collections, although they're not particularly my personal style, I do admire them for being consistent and culture-based, enough for them to always be one of my favorites. Ornate, but not overdone, historical, but not old-fashioned, and modern without being contemporary. With last year's Spring 2014 and this season's Fall 2014, both quintessentially and classically Italian, under their belt, Dolce and Gabbana had everyone biting at the bit for another renovated, historically fashionable collection. And we got it, although it may not be quite as Italian as we were expecting, nonetheless, me gusto mucho....

I love how Dolce can be very ornate, but not the least bit flashy. 

When Dolce decides something, they commit; in this collection's case, they went for a Spanish-influenced Italian look, and they achieved it all the way. The detail in this look is incredible, I would love to see it in person.

Everything is placed together thoughtfully, yet it looks like it all works together naturally. The hard, sharp jewels and gems contrast the soft, white fabric on top, which contrasts the flowing black skirt.

Classic.



I'm not a big fan of the bottom part, or lack of it, but I love the ornate structured jacket.


This is just the type of the modern twists on traditional style that I love Dolce & Gabbana for.

Half-cape, half-shawl, but with the freedom of no sleeves and a short length.



The red roses with the black and the fringe is so Spanish, but not in the way like the old-time Spaniards I see in my history books.  

It's patten on pattern, but I think it works because it's all symmetrical.

¡Olé!


Black and red, and ornate materials, seem to be the motif and theme of this collection. It brings it all together without making each look identical; from the same closet, but not the same piece.




Muchos flores.


There were so many amazing looks in this collection; literally, the show was soooo long (82 looks!) There are some shows that are short and full of mismatched looks, there are some that are short and full of cohesive looks, there are some that are long and full of mismatched looks, and there are some, like this one, that are full of cohesive looks that go perfectly together to make up a great collection and an even greater fashion house.


I don't really think I need to put words or descriptions on most of these; I think the clothes speak for themselves, as they do in most, not all but most, collections.

2 comments:

  1. wow I am really loving all the embellishment pieces.
    xx, Jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with Dolce and Gabbana! great post girly
    xo Val
    http://valdailyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete