Fashion Week Highlights

With Fashion Week coming to a close, I thought that I might share with you my favorite moments, ones that will be remembered, and eventually, merged and misremembered with fashion week memories of years to come, that I've yet to make. Fashion weeks are always exciting, there's always something to see, something to do, something to learn. There is a perpetual buzz in the air. These past weeks have been very busy for me, I just started 8th grade, so that makes writing very hard to do in free time, but I've managed without really stopping to look back. Fashion weeks are like snowflakes, no two will ever be alike; you're really making, and being, a part of history. Years from now, people will think back and say, "Remember that fashion week when..." and you'll remember what it was really like, the new ideas and feelings that it gave you, the inspiration.


These two gorgeous gowns flowed perfectly with each step and gave a wonderful ending to the Jason Wu show.
Tommy Hilfiger always has whimsically creative runways, and this year was no exception, with the CandyLand-like, twisting catwalk, not to mention the fabulous designs that walked them.
Speaking of whimsical, Thom Browne's abstract designs were, if only described in one word, unforgettable. Doesn't this outfit give you the illusion of confetti floating in the air?


Alexander Wang's athletic, sharp collection really caught my eye. You can read my review here.
I loved all the trousers seen during this fashion week.

I'm very happy that I got to experience fashion week firsthand a bit (more or less, still haven't gone to any shows...), rather than experience it all from my computer screen, which isn't all that bad, actually.
Seeing the Sartorialist in person was a major highlight of my fashion week. He even reposted my picture on Instagram!
GRACE!!! (and Tonne Goodman)
Grace is almost in head-to-toe black, but if you look closely, you can see that her shoes are gold.

The Best Kind of Selfies Part One...
The Best Kind of Selfies Part Two

What were your favorite moments of fashion week?




5 comments:

  1. Here's to many more fashion moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you got to be there. I love fashion week!

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexander Wang has stolen my heart with this edgy collection (yet again)! You write wonderfully, I'm so interested to see your development and all the best with achieving your dream of working for Condé Nast! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk
    - I'm new to Instagram! -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you had a great time! Also, thanks for this look by Thom Browne, somehow I missed it but I like it a lot.

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete