Review of BACK from Stockholm Fashion Week

My last post was also about Stockholm Fashion Week, read my review on House of Dagmar S/S 2015 and my words on Stockholm, and fashion weeks in general, here. I love the Stockholm shows because they have a sense of what I like to call minimalistic chaos - an edgy, but clean, sophisticated, and both slightly masculine and slightly feminine look. Many of the Stockholm shows were like that, cohesive not only within the collection, but within the region. Whenever I'm reviewing runway shows, I always find it difficult choosing the looks I want to feature specifically, because I'll find something to say or point out in every one of the looks and I also feel it's a bit rude because the designer (and their team) has worked so hard on everything in the show, they deserve for all of them to be featured, but alas, that cannot be. Today I bring to all that may wish to read it, my review of the Ann-Sofie Back S/S 2015 runway collection, from Stockholm Fashion Week.

photo via
Warm & Fuzzy.

photo via
I love the simplicity of it, and it's calm edginess.

photo via
Note the detail on the sleeves. 

photo via
The navy blue and horizontal stripes gives the look an almost nautical vibe, but clearly a city piece by the fabric selections. Oh, and it also has a giant diaper-pin holding it together.

photo via
I've noticed that in Stockholm, the collections all seem to be very comfortable looking, and not so tight fitting.

photo via

photo via

photo via
I love this look because of the similar motifs consistent throughout the outfit; the triangle-creating slits are in the sweater, skirt, and pant. 

photo via
A very professional piece without being too drab.

photo via
I seriously want one of these shaggy coats.

photo via
The slit and irregular neckline throws off the straight, horizontal stripes, fittingly. 

photo via

photo via
The navy is a lovely color, but the soft gray row on the top really sets the look. 
Did you get to catch any of Stockholm Fashion week? Looking forward to New York Fashion Week?
Let me know in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. Some of these pieces are gorgeous! I love navy and gray together!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete