First Snow & Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday, we had our first snow of the season. Last week, there had been some flurries here and there, but this was our first real snow. Everything got postponed a bit, but since it was the day before Thanksgiving there wasn't much going on anyway.

I went riding at noon-ish, the snow had already collected quite a bit by then. (Some of the horses don't like the snow falling off the roof, but I managed to have a ride with very few spooks. I guess I just got lucky.) Then when we got home, my mom took my brother to an empty parking-lot to learn how to drive in the snow, which must have been... interesting, to say the least. I always say that I never want to learn how to drive, or drive, and that opinion still stands.

I only really like snow if it brings days off from school, but I have to say that there is something magical to all the trees and houses covered in white. It's almost like a cleansing to make the world pure after all the dirt it accumulates.


The view from my window: Snow covered bushes, trees, cars, houses, telephone poles, you name it. I love how the red in the leaves, car, and wreath on the door, pop in the snow. 

I especially love the sky when it snows, it's such a pretty off-white. 

We'll have a white-Thanksgiving this year, which is not unusual for my area. Snow only adds to the festive mood with family, especially when you're all having a lovely meal together or bundling up together in front of a fire. 

Happy Thanksgiving & stay warm!

5 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I nominated you for the liebster award check it out: http://www.w-w-l-d.blogspot.nl/2014/11/liebster-award.html
    hope you like to do it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had snow in Ireland but we never get it! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete