Embracing Change in 2015



If I had to describe 2014 in one word it would be change. So much change. I learned that we, as humans, have been evolving since day one. Mentally and physically, everything has been working together to create the person you are today, the person you are now. Change is inevitable, whether you want it or not, good or bad. You are stuck with the changes that life has given you, and will continue to, so you might as well make the most of it. In 2014, I learned in theory to embrace every change and make the most of it. I will put this philosophy into action during 2015.

I look back so last year and it seems so long ago. It seems like the person I was then is so far away from who I am now, in some ways good, and in some ways bad. I didn't even have a blog at this point last year. My blog is something that I can't imagine living without and it's even harder to know that I haven't even had it for a year. Change only builds upon the person you are; it doesn't change you completely. So when I say embrace change, I mean build on your character in positive ways, don't force yourself into someone that you're not.

This is my plan for embracing changes in the new year:

  1. Plan- Think about where you want to be in your life. All of your goals and ambitions; your ideal future. Then think about where you are now. Your current situations and problems. 
  2. Organize- Turn these thoughts into a timeline, with your current situation on one end of a line, and your ideal future on the other.
  3. Work- Take little steps toward your goal, but always move forward. You may need to adjust your plans as you and your goals change, so it's a good thing that dreams aren't set in stone.
Embrace all the twists and turns in life with open arms and you'll find a way to make them lead to the same place.


See you next year!

16 comments:

  1. Nice post! Happy New Year!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. I hope that when I look back on the beginning of 2014 that I'm a different and better person than I was then. I think it's important to learn and accept new ideas and allow yourself to grow as a person.
    That's a good plan for embracing change in the new year, good luck!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change is an important part of life and can be exciting, Happy New Year x

    aforvogue
    NEWPOST

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great-- Change is always really hard!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your attitude in embracing changes is already a step forward and the next step is to act on these changes. Good luck and happy new year :)

    paradigm-kiss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post, definitely good goals to aspire to!

    Lucy x
    yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great resolutions and good luck for 2015!

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete