welcome winter break.


Winter break has officially begun. It seems like I've been waiting forever to be able to say that. Winter break has been a vague pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, except my week has been no rainbow. This past week, my teachers have crammed in so many tests, quizzes, and deadlines that it was impossible to look any farther than the next class period. My brain isn't really registering that I have two entire weeks off — free of classes, classmates, classwork, and anything else remotely class related.

To gain back all my energy stolen by school, I woke up super late this morning and had a breakfast of those buttery, Christmas crackers with some cheese. We were supposed to be saving those for Christmas, but there was nothing else I felt fit for breakfast. Then, I felt a sudden inspiration to make brownies. (I'm trying to fit in as much unhealthy eating as possible before my dad goes on his two-month long health kick for the new year.)

My plans for the next two weeks are still about as vague as the idea of winter break itself. I think I'm going to do some reading, writing, knitting, cooking (family Christmas Eve gathering at my house!), and maybe a bit of cleaning. I don't have any homework, or at least any that I'm going to do. I'm trying to keep my options open and not schedule activities for every single day so I can just relax and regain myself before I have to go back to school. Relaxation and happiness are my top priorities for this winter break.

5 comments:

  1. I dont have a clue of what to do in the coming weeks either, but am hoping thst this year's holidays will be better than last year's christmas holiday.
    Great post.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. your horse is so cute! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break! Thanks so much for topping by.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Enjoy your winter break!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete