Dear Menswear: Please Continue to Take Risks

Ah menswear. Naturally, it's not my territory, but I still like to observe, interpret, and predict, as I do with womenswear. I feel like menswear today is so afraid of taking risks, but at the same time there are individuals who are doing just that. I find looking at menswear runway shows can get a bit boring because most of it looks like exaggerated suits and causal clothes. (Some might say that women's runway shows just look like exaggerated everyday wear for women; maybe I'm biased.) I see menswear taking baby steps into becoming as controversial and abstract as women's fashion today and I hope they continue to advance towards that goal. 

Personally, I see my brother as the future of menswear because he goes out in public in plaid pajama pants, Christmas sweaters, runners' tights under shorts, and printed hoodies, with full confidence. That may just be laziness and procrastination to get dressed, but still.



This Gucci look reminds of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.







8 comments:

  1. These menswear trends are so great! More men should take fashion risks

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that outfit does remind me of Shaggy from Scoobydoo too!

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a high-fashion version of Shaggy. Who knows, maybe Shaggy was the designer's muse!

      Delete
  3. I do love these mens outfits, they're so cool

    Anything & Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! We better watch out, they're starting to look better than we do!

      Delete
  4. Great post! These menswear trends are pretty cool

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete