Dior Spring 2015 Couture

I've never seen plastic look chic in fashion before. It's too shiny, too awkward, too plastic. I've also never seen scaffolding look chic. (I used to think its true place could only be on city streets and that it would be rather obstructing in a fashion show, but now I know that scaffolding is a wonderful element to add structure and doesn't act as a wall, but rather as a window to the rest of the show.) And Raf Simons made it all work.


When I'm reviewing fashion shows, I always think about the creative process, inspiration, history and future of the fashion house and designer. This show was just as I'd imagine the future of Dior to be - elements of the past that continue to captivate mixed with futuristic components that have yet to be explored (and, ultimately, overused) to create a refreshing and new look for the age-old fashion house. Everything that Dior stood for in the past, renovation, elegance, beauty, is still present today. Dior, under Christian Dior himself, became famous for those very things and Dior today is not resting on their laurels: Raf Simons continues to bring quality design that would make Dior well known even if it wasn't about as old as sophistication and substance itself. Raf Simons managed to change the image, but keep the characteristics, which must be a very hard thing to pull off and I think that all his efforts are evident. I'm very impressed with the  futuristic yet elegant direction Dior is moving in and I hope that they continue down this path.




















8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and eclectic collection :) Thanks for sharing

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing recap darling!

    Btw, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can find more info here: http://nikikouri.com/2015/01/27/liebster-award-nomination/

    xxo

    NIKI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful collection!

    Sarah x
    www.palmtreesandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete