Lady Mary's Style

Anyone else enjoy the first episode of Downton Abbey season 5 last night? Since Downton Abbey is my all time favorite show, not only did I watch and absorb every aspect of it, I also made some lovely scones to celebrate. Mrs. Patmore would be proud. While I was watching past episodes to recap, I couldn't help to notice how chic Lady Mary always is. I think that this is just one more reason that Michelle Dockery is the perfect fit to play Lady Mary. They both possess a strong sense of style and chicness.

Lady Mary's style has evolved with her character through the years; from the snarky, eldest daughter of an earl searching for a husband, to a more logical woman softened through love and loss (and yet again searching for a husband.)

*All images from Pinterest.




She always dresses for the moment. Her costumes are lit up with character through Michelle's acting; I've seen the very same costumes worn on mannequins and they don't possess the same feeling. Without Michelle, they can be anybody's costume, but with her they become Lady Mary's costume.



Every detail is consistently chic, from her head to her toes.










She looks amazing in deep red.



I don't normally write about many things twice, but Downton Abbey is a rare exception. I've written about Downton Abbey not once, not twice, but three times and I've also noticed that Vogue.com has done two articles on Downton just in the past couple of days. So if you don't already watch Downton Abbey, you must know now that it's pretty special. I've witnessed both the golden days back in season one and the writing for a broader audience this past season four, so I've been through Downton's up's and down's and I will continue to. I am as fiercely loyal to Downton as those who live under its roof.


Watch Downton Abbey Sunday nights at 9/8c on Masterpiece Theater, PBS.



7 comments:

  1. I really need to finish watching the last season of this!! I just hear it's so depressing!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be depressing at times, but it's worth it.

      Delete
  2. Hey, honey! What do you think about follow each other via bloglovin? If you want, just follow me there and I'll follow you back! http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love downton,it's one of my favourite shows.The clothes,the era,it's just a perfect combination! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete