Marco de Vincenzo Pre-Fall 2015 Collection

Marco de Vincenzo's Pre-Fall 2015 collection was refreshing in a cozy way.  It was easy on the eye, unlike most new and different designs, and it also satisfied the abstract part of us in that it's completely new. (I don't think it's anything like I've seen before, but then again I haven't been around to witness as many collections as some of my fellow editors and writers. Wisdom does come with age.) This collection is such a lovely balance between new and traditional: they took traditional structures but left out tradition anywhere else, and that's not something you see everyday fashion.
The colors and textures were mostly soft, with a few sharp black leathers here and there. Even the dark, charcoal grays were soft. The entire collection had a pleasant, yet somewhat serious, down-to-earth feel, which was probably the result of the pretty pastels, structure, and the few earthy tones slipped in, along with the subtly dyed furs and rich, blue leather boots. Marco de Vincenzo Pre-Fall 2015 didn't go into the traditional direction at all. They took the outline of tradition but completely colored outside of the lines, for a look that's pleasing and fresh. This collection is how I imagine (or hope) that future traditions will look like.
I'm not familiar with any of Marco de Vincenzo's earlier work, but I like what I see here and now and I hope that this brand can continue in this direction.














^^Really wanting this coat^^





14 comments:

  1. I love these prints and colours
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome collection! I really love the pants in the second look.
    xx,

    Paisley

    paisleynotplaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite look in the collection!

      Delete
  3. These are such great looks!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and of course plaid!
    Glad that it's still in trend)

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a chic and fun collection, awesome! Love the mix of checked prints with stripe, very stylish and striking!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this collection. It feels familiar but I can't think of what it reminds me of!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that feeling sometimes, especially in fashion when so few things are truly new.

      Delete