My Trip to NYC

I meant to write about this earlier, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. It's okay though; I think that I could wait a million years and still write about New York. It's one of those rare subjects that never gets old and instead of fading the memories only get clearer with time. 

We went to New York mainly to see the Matisse cut-outs at MoMA, but then ended up wandering around 5th Ave. Even though we went after Christmas to avoid pre-holiday crowds, the city still had that festive buzz; a mixture of anticipation and excitement.


If New York should be renowned for one thing, it should be for its busy sidewalks.


Or for its pretty sidewalks.

They were selling these somewhat-scary masks on the street and I just had to snap a picture.


Ralph's Cafe, in the new POLO store.

I love the cute, little postcards and prints.

My, very photogenic, hot coco.

A beautiful beaded detail from an ornate dress at Saks. Part One.

Part Two.

Looking over the courtyard at MoMA.



I am truly thankful to live close to New York City and I'm always looking forward to my next trip. I like the atmosphere: either something is always happening or something is just about to happen.


7 comments:

  1. New York is amazing! I loved living there a couple of years ago!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It must be amazing to live there.

      Delete
  2. It is on my bucket list. I came from Shanghai and I love big city style. It gives you endless opportunities and dreams.
    Grace
    Http://colorandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a good time girl! When did you go because I went on Tuesday!

    xx www.Valdailyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an amazing time, thanks! I went on Monday, so close!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a lovely time!I've never been but I'd love to go Paris and New York! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete