New Year, Same Me

The start of January brings much of the same every year: diet plans, money saving tips, gym memberships, and motivational slogans galore. One of the pro-resolution sayings most commonly heard is New Year, New You. I hate this saying because, more often than not, anyone saying this turns into a "new person" for the first two weeks and then goes back to their usual self. I think that instead we should say New Year, Same Me because that implies that, yes, even though the year is new, I am the same person. Changing doesn't make you a new person, it makes you the same, changed, person. Over the year I might have developed different tastes and habits, but I am still the same person. Changing is part of being human and changing doesn't make you a new person. It's a new year but the same me.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, dear! Wish you great and inspiring year.

    Charity project "Princess Ball" -http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/01/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post,I never decide on any resolutions because I know I won't stick to trying to make any drastic changes and I honestly don't want to make any big change.My only decision is to write everyday:a poem,story,blog post anything as long I write. xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Hun couldn't have put it better myself, I totally said the same thing in my post! x
    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. True! I don't make NY resolutions, however this year I have chosen a word which I hope defines 2015 for me. XX

    ReplyDelete