SATURDAY.

Despite the fact that this week had a late start, it still dragged on longer than mosts weeks do. At one point I honestly didn't think that it would end. I started my week off with minimalism (and no school!), and ended it reviewing Milly's pre-fall collection (and a test in Spanish and presentation in History), and also managed to review Marco de Vincenzo pre-fall and I couldn't help but observing menswear all this week. (If you've been on Instagram at all this week you know what I mean with the menswear takeover.)

Throughout this week one thing has been on my mind: travel. I'm longing for a getaway to a foreign country, preferably warm, but I'm not picky. I went to France about two summers ago with my family and I've been dreaming about going back ever since. (Reading Heather's post, from Habitually Chic, about planning another trip to Paris was especially painful for me.) And Amanda Brooks' perfect countryside Instagrams always give me wanderlust, but the effect is increased now that my own life is so hectic. I've narrowed down my dream getaway, for the moment, to either France or the English countryside. And seeing that I'll be in neither anytime soon, here is a collection of pictures from both:









Love this picture so much.










The Queen of the Cotswolds looking just as at home in Paris.




















All images via Pinterest.


14 comments:

  1. this post really made me want to go to England. Beautiful pictures xx

    Ania, nurinek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME PHOTOS AND PLACES
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gosh I would just love to go to the English countryside. Question: have you ever seen Under the Tuscan Sun? I think it's on Netflix - it might satisfy a little bit of your Wanderlust! Also when I get in that mood I always like watching Anthony Bourdain's shows

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  4. I love those photos! I've always wanted to visit England and now I'm even more determined to go there one day. :)

    Sara Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inspiring post and pictures :)

    xxo

    NIKI

    http://nikikouri.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are all gorgeous! I especially love the equestrian ones. I think I have wanderlust now too! Thanks for sharing these and compiling them together!

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love anything with horses. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos! I live so close to english country side but can never get there due to busy schedules and bad transport links. However your post has really made me really want to get out there and take advantage of what lays beyond my doorstep! xx

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely take advantage of that, I know I would in a heartbeat!

      Delete