An Earthy Regality at Givenchy

An earthy theme was definitely present at the Givenchy show, but not a down-to-earth one. This collection took inspiration from the woods, but took its shape from a chic and luxurious wardrobe; there was nothing wild about these clothes. Rich colors, woodsy prints and textures, and peacock (maybe moth?) patterns added to woodland-ish air, while velour, structured coats, and leather boots gave the show a chicer mood. (Not to mention those extravagant nose rings and cheek pieces.) A simple red carpet on the catwalk contributed to the glamorous feel. Neither side, woodland or chic, was overpowering, but rather a pleasantly balanced combination of both.


















10 comments:

  1. I’m in love with your blog It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the garments this one, but instead of giving me a woodsy vibe, it reminds me of a Renaissance-era conquistador

    BTW - it was no problem featuring your blog! It's one of the only blogs I've seen with serious fashion criticism and the fact that you are 13 blows my mind!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god amazing fashion show!! Love hair style and make up!!
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom



    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an unusual collection! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is when compared to all the other Paris shows, but it's completely the norm for Givenchy!

      Delete
  5. Such regal looks! This is an amazing collection. It's so eccentric!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete