ONE YEAR.

Today marks the first year anniversary of my blog! It has been exactly one year since I first put together this blog and wrote my first post. Though cliché it may be, honestly, where has the time gone??? Some days it feels like it's been five months since I started and sometimes like five years. However much the true stretch of time was, one thing is certain and that is the infinity of knowledge I've learned from blogging. On the surface, it looks like writing the content is the main task of keeping a blog, and to a degree, it is, but there is just so much more that goes into having a website. (You can't really know all of the chores until you try it out for yourself, but to name just a few: writing, HTML/Java Script/Coding, Layout/Format, content/photography, comments, publicity, social media, statistics, keywords/SEO.... My fellow bloggers can relate to how long the list is.) 

Although I've been in a bit of a creative and statistical dip as of late, I am aware of how much I've learned and progressed this year, with, luckily, one of those things being that you always find a way out of your ditches, even when they seem inescapable. When I look back to this time last year, it was spring break and I started this blog because my mom (♥♥♥) had been reading some and introduced me to it. I was bored during spring break so I decided to start a blog and I can't express how glad I am that I did. Today, I hold this blog very high on the list of the most important things in my life. It wasn't like that from the beginning though; my blog and I have bonded so much throughout this year (sounds weird to say it like that, but I think of my blog as a person, of sorts; a part of me.)

I've worked on my blog to make it as close to myself as I can get it, but my blog has helped create myself. It's just opened me up to so many different things and I really wouldn't be the same person without it. We work together in a perfect harmony: I influence my blog, my blog influences me. My blog is now a pretty accurate representation of myself and what I wish to be. This blog is the best of me.





This is just a little heartfelt post in honor of my blog — expect my favorite posts, quotes, and photos from this year coming soon.






7 comments:

  1. Congratulations - I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog birthday and I can relate to how you feel,time really does fly while keeping a blog! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, you've come a long way! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete