WWD: The Full Package

With a pretty face on the outside and hard facts and analyses on the inside, the new weekly WWD is the full package. When I received the first copy, I was skeptical of this new format - it looked more like a glossy magazine than a weekly newspaper. And while I do love a good glossy, I didn't want it to be at the expense of a serious fashion business report. But my worries were quickly put away when I flipped Alexander Wang's face aside and opened the magazine. In no way did WWD become lighter on content and put all efforts into pleasant visuals in order to attract a broader audience. The only thing that has changed is the shape of it; all the same great content (and more, now) is still there. The layout is, indeed, easier on the eye, so it could attract more people to become interested in the business side of fashion. Plus, with the magazine-newspaper looking more photogenic, people will be more willing to share on social media, publicizing WWD even further. The only cons I see to this change is the loss of tradition. The daily, WWD print newspaper may be dead, but it was reborn in a better form.


Photo via WWD Instagram. Who wouldn't want a picture of such a pretty cover? The matte, beautiful cover fulfills the vanity part of the perfect package, while analyses, facts, and stories on everything in fashion fill the inside.

18 comments:

  1. Great, I love it! Enjoy the week honey!

    Check my last post here!

    Follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin

    ♥‿♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!
    http://marinamarry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WWD is many things, and, yes, great is one of them.

      Delete
  3. Already the cover is really cool :)
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the covers are one of the visual aspects of WWD that has improved a lot.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like I should pick up a copy! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I've never read WWD but it looks fantastic! I might get the e-book version now! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great - I recommend it to any serious fashion admirer.

      Delete
  6. Lovely post ! I haven't heard about WWD before.
    xoxo
    Liza
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover looks so cool!

    Sarah x
    www.palmtreesandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post!!

    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover too! Amazing how after all these years Kristen Stewart has given in to her antics and is actually a fashion icon!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention her (well, not really funny because she's on the cover, but), I actually wrote a post about her style evolution (here: http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/2014/07/evolution-of-kristen-stewart.html)
      It's true she's come a long way since her wan Twilight days!

      Delete