Something Creative #2 : My Type of Country

I've been dreaming of a countryside escape as of late, and if you've been reading my blog at all, you'd know that this isn't the first time, and most certainly won't be the last. I've been craving the whispering silence of golden fields and grey skies, of stoney walls and prickly bushes. Outings where the movement between my horse and I match that of the wind and tall grasses. Not a stuffy, grand English countryside like Downton Abbey, but an earthier, homier one, à la Amanda Brooks or Harlech. A place where manmade objects, such as cottages and saddles, appear to be a natural occurrence within the perfectly chaotic landscape. The refined wilderness that only a British country could bring. Tweeds, tartans, and knits are another part of the natural environment. Vines overgrow in a hug around your home. The thistle-laden highlands of Scotland, the rolling hills of England, or perhaps the patchwork-greenery of Wales would all work; they all serve as a place of perfection and my type of, highly desired, country. 

Edie Campbell.



Edie again, this time with Otis Ferry.

Amanda Harlech.

Lady A. Harlech again.

Her home.

Her home and hound.

Her, home, and horse.

Harlech and Horse.

Amanda Brooks.

Amanda Brooks.

Amanda Brooks' dog. Any animal would love to romp around those paths.

Amanda Brooks' country.

Amanda Brooks.


10 comments:

  1. always love the way you curate fashion editorials and shows

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it's more like a meditation method for myself to be honest

      Delete
  2. To me, these images remind me of home, I don't live in a beautiful old cottage but I am very rural, surrounded by these kinds of fields. I have dreams of escaping to the city x


    Anna | aforvogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dreams are equal parts city and country, as I come from a suburb. Isn't it funny how we dream of what we don't have?

      Delete
  3. Isn't it odd, living in the countryside of Ireland , I'm surrounded by patchwork fields of green, ruins of old cottages, towers and the occasional castle yet although I love it, I yearn to live in a city. x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just human nature to dream of what we don't have. x

      Delete
  4. I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm hooked. You're writing is insightful and your appreciation and observations on fashion, style and life are well beyond your age. You have a very fresh and unique perspective and I look forward to see where you go with this. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have wonderful parents that nurture your creativity.

    ReplyDelete