Some Updates

Hello Internet; I have not died! I know it's been longer than usual between blog posts (almost two weeks maybe?!) but I have my reasons...

... Mainly that little, bothersome part of my life called school. I just started my first year of high school and I'm taking quite a few honors and extra courses, which makes the whole (school) process quite overwhelming, to say the least. Right now, I see school as the vast and endless as an ocean; the waves keep hitting me, leaving very little time for breaths in between, which is how it will be for the next 4+ years of my life (as much as it pains me to say it.) The start of my school perfectly coincided with the start of September fashion month (which now seems ages ago) and so for the month of September I shot out daily runway reviews, which was both easy and exhausting. (Easy because there was constantly something to write about and I never had to look far for inspiration; exhausting because I still had to interpret and write about the clothes.)

October acted solely as a time to recap/catch my breath, but (I'm hoping that) November will mark some very independent ideas. (Independent ideas as opposed to ideas brought on by the beautiful monstrosity that is fashion month.) 

I have, however, been keeping up with my cultural side. I've been reading quite a few of those indie magazines you find in the back row at bookstores (Purple Fashion, Dazed and Confused, and i-D, to name a few), which have got me thinking (naturally) and thus I have some lovely articles/posts planned (stay tuned!)

I also have been trying to keep up with my social media(s) to keep y'all posted. I've been using my Tumblr a lot (follow here!), Twitter (here!), Instagram (here!), and VSCO, for those "visual learners" out there (here!)

Above all, in this update I just wanted to stress how I have not abandoned my blog, as neglected this space may seem, it still occupies the forefront of my mind during my every waking moment (and then some.)

My current issue of i-D; a splurge and treasure if there ever was one.



4 comments:

  1. I know it's a cliche but the only thing worse than being too busy is being too bored, so good to hear you're doing extra schoolwork (it'll pay off) but I can understand your frustration and not being able to update:
    "it still occupies the forefront of my mind during my every waking moment (and then some)"
    This really resonated with me, as someone who is trying to become an academic but still blog about fashion

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete