Recent Film Favorites

I may sound like a broken record with the amount that I use the word "fashion" on this blog, but it is, indeed, a fashion blog (can you tell?) I do, however, enjoy non-clothing-related aspects of my life, most of which I don't share enough of on this blog.

Film, like fashion is a form of escapism, expressing ideas, and/or telling a story, which makes it, like fashion, art really. I'm always on the lookout for a cool indie film chock full of Tumblr-esque stills, so without further ado, here are some of my recent favorites:

The Diary of a Teenage Girl, 2015
     Director: Marielle Heller
A funny and insightful coming of age film set in the 70s. 


Léon: The Professional, 1994
     Director: Luc Besson
I'm in love with little 90s Natalie Portman (that hair!) 


I Am Love, 2010
     Director: Luca Guadagnino
It stars my absolute favorite Tilda Swinton and is directed by my other absolute favorite Luca Guadagnino; the two together make up a dream team. This movie has the dream house, dream wardrobe, dream food, dream everything (except the ending....)

Chef, 2014
     Director: Jon Favreau
Hard for a vegetarian like myself to sit through but still worth the watch.

     Directors: Benny Safdie, Josh Safdie
This movie is admittedly a little slow, but nonetheless unbelievably raw; no glorification or sugarcoating what so ever.



Any recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. would've liked to hear a little more about the movies themselves and what you thought about them!

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian Louboutin Pumps are so famous for the luxurious and distinctively styled designs, which enhances personal vogue taste and make it easy to match with varied dressing ways.
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Heel White Fish skin
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Leopard Pointed
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Nude Patent Pointed
    http://www.clsneakersmall.com

    ReplyDelete