Epitomizing Youth

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again: the concept of youth is constantly being manipulated and twisted to fit a slot that sells. As a teenager heavily involved in an industry that persistently defines and redefines youth, I sometimes find it confusing when it comes to what my own youth should look like. I've found, through admittedly limited experience, that youth is what you make of it, but at the end of the day, youth is an image sold to middle aged women and pressed into innocent minds. Youth is not defined by age or beauty, but rather by a lack of concern for exactly those things. You don't wake up one day and find your youth is gone, but instead it leaves you the moment you worry its left. 

While youth exists in no physical image or definition, I find that the spirit of youth is epitomized perfectly in Kids in Love, a photo series by photographer Olivia Bee, where special moments are remembered and immortalized in the grainy tinge of film.













3 comments:

  1. These photos seem to suggest that youth is a bubbling cauldron of inexperience, vulnerability and energy (all things which I feel I've become somewhat removed from, even at 22)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, titled "Kids in Love," I suppose Oliva Bee's photos show the more teenagerish (i.e. inexperience, vulnerability, and energy) part of youth rather than the confined, structured, and low points of being young.

      Delete
  2. Christian Louboutin Sneaker is a good choice for you or as gift to your friends,in the exquisite design show the unique style.The design could make your feet breathe freely and more fashional. http://www.clsneakersmall.com
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Leopard Red Spike
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Red Matte Red Spike
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Red Matte White Spike

    ReplyDelete